When IDEA Disputes Arise, Create a Win-Win for Special Education StudentsThe Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) provides options a parent can take to resolve disputes. She will provide practical, cost-effective solutions, including thinking outside-the-box.
Selecting the remedy that best fits your situation and ensuring that it is effective, however, isn’t easy.
Join us for this special one-hour webinar to learn powerful strategies for resolving IDEA disputes. During this informative session, special education attorney Hope M. Kirsch will reveal the common issues that lead to disputes, the most effective options available for resolving them, and the pros and cons associated with each dispute resolution process.
- The alternate dispute resolution options available
- The differences among the dispute resolutions procedures
- The pros & cons / advantages and disadvantages of each of the dispute resolution procedures
- When a school district is obligated to file a Due Process Complaint against parents
- Confidentiality rules in each of the processes
- Resources available
- Helpful hints to ensure that the child at the center of the dispute wins
- How to draft a state complaint
- How to draft a Due Process Complaint
- Statute of limitations
- The governing law