With the passage of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, professionals working with students with special needs know that an understanding of special education law is crucial. This seminar will provide a comprehensive overview of the special education laws to help parents and school professionals deal with complex questions that arise. Who pays when a special needs child is placed in private schooling at the parents' election? How can a school create the least restrictive environment and promote inclusion to the best interests of all students?
- Strengthen your knowledge of how recent special education legislation affects school policies and operation.
- Learn the legal protection offered by the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Learn about disciplinary actions for students with disabilities.
- Understand the rights of special needs students and their parents.
Who Should AttendThis basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed specifically for professionals who work with children with special needs in a school setting. Those who should attend include:
- School Administrators
- Board Members
- Establishing the Framework of Special Education Law
- Unraveling the Requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Ethics in Special Education Law
- Successfully Handling Disciplinary Actions for Special Needs Students
- Ensuring Successful Due Process Procedures
- Protecting the Rights of Children with Special Needs
Register here for the seminar in Phoenix, AZ on May 13, 2015