Bring a Brown Bag Lunch & Please Join Us!
Guest Presenters: Hope N. Kirsch, Esq. & Lori Kirsch-Goodwin, Esq.
The presentation will begin with an overview of the federal special education law, “Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act” (IDEIA), state law and notable case law decisions interpreting the legislation.
The presentation will also address:
• The rights of students with special needs in public and charter schools
• Whether a student is entitled to IDEIA protections at private schools
• Requirements of FAPE (free and appropriate public education)
• LRE (least restrictive environments)
• Evaluations and reevaluations
• The IEP itself
• Timeline and discipline procedures
• Other laws (No Child Left Behind, FERPA)
Helpful hints will also be provided that most parents do not know about and schools might not clearly inform the parents about.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Campus for Exceptional Children
300 N. 18th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85006
$20 per person
$15/per person when registering as a group of 2 or more
Arizona Autism Coalition Parent Members: You are eligible for a 20% discount using a discount code provided by the Coalition. For more information about the Coalition and this discount program, please visit their website at www.azautism.org or contact them via email at email@example.com.
For purchase order payments, please send P.O. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact & Registration:
For additional details, please contact Sheri Dollin at (480) 603-3284
or email email@example.com