by parent attorneys Lori-Kirsch Goodwin and Hope Kirsch of Kirsch-Goodwin & Kirsch,and school attorneys Cathleen Dooley and Erin Walz of Udall Shumway.
Special education legal issues can be confusing for school personnel and attorneys alike. This hands-on legal guide will walk you through legal best practices concerning IEPs, 504 plans, manifest determination reviews and more. It will provide you with the information you need to provide maximum legal protections to special needs students and minimize school exposure to lawsuits. This training is for educators, attorneys, advocates and parents.
- Essential Special Education Legal Updates You Need to Know
- Avoiding Disability Discrimination Complaints: Lessons From Recent Court Cases and Enforcement Actions
- Bullying and Harassment: Ensuring Special Needs Students Receive Free and Appropriate Education (FAPE)
- Developing Legally Compliant IEPs That Benefit Students: With Examples
- Manifestation Determination Reviews (MDRs): Did the Disability Cause the Behavior?
- 504 Plan Eligibility and Accommodation Best Practices
- English Language Learners (ELLs) and Special Education: Ensuring Legal Best Practices
Thursday, June 09, 2016
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Wyndham Garden Phoenix Midtown3600 North 2nd AvenuePhoenix, AZ 85013