Guest presenters Hope N. Kirsch, Esq., and Lori Kirsch-Goodwin, Esq.
Hope and Lori will begin with an overview of the federal special education law, “Individuals with Disabilities Education Act” (IDEA), state law and notable case law decisions interpreting the legislation. Their presentation will also address:
- The rights of students with special needs in public and charter schools
- Whether a student is entitled to IDEA protections at private schools
- Requirements of FAPE (free and appropriate public education)
- LRE (least restrictive environment)
- Evaluations and reevaluations
- The IEP itself
- Discipline procedures
- Other laws (No Child Left Behind, FERPA, ADAAA and 504)
Time: Noon-1 p.m.
Place: SARRC Campus for Exceptional Children, 300 N. 18th St., Phoenix
Cost: $15 per person
To register: call (480) 603-3283 or e-mail email@example.com.